We are happy to offer some special notes on all of the songs on the LIVE CD. Some of the text will be identical to that found on the CD, while there are special comments and further information added--and, of course, lyrics so that you can sing along!. We hope you will enjoy this companion to your CD purchase.
There's many the common man, author, politician or musician that has fallen in love with Life in the Pub. Indeed, the sentiment "If I had my life to live over, I'd live over an Irish Pub" has been wished by many a departing patron. On any given night in an Irish Pub, a pub singer observes an audience that radiates fondness for the ambience, the music, the craic and the friendship that surrounds them.
We're up there singing the songs that you enjoy, and take heart, ourselves, in seeing listeners that are attentive, singing, clapping, smiling and toasting their friends.
This album is a collection of the Pub Songs that we feel are the best loved by our listeners over the past years--judged mainly by the amount of patron participation they've garnered. They are presented here in the same order that they were performed at Fado Irish Pub in Denver, Colorado in May of 2002. For the performance, we brought together audiences from all over the state, including Fado and the Sheabeen Pubs in Denver and Jack Quinn's in Colorado Springs, and a grand contingent of cadets from the U. S. Air Force Academy.
In the truest sense, this is your album, then, and you can be heard throughout the recording. So, enjoy yourself and listen carefully...and if you don't hear your voice on this album, well, just smile and start singing along! All the best.
All songs by Brian Clancy, guitar and vocals, Brendan Clancy, guitar and vocals, Henry the Fiddler, fiddle, and Bridget Clancy, Irish Stepdancer. The live album was recorded in one evening by Ron Byrne, Naked Ear Recording Studios, Aurora, Colorado, at Fado Irish Pub in Denver.
|1. Mormond Braes traditional 3:26
2. The Irish Rover traditional 2:36
3. Leaving of Liverpool traditional 4:26
4. Peter Street traditional 2:30
5. The Drunken Sailor traditional 4:19
6. I'll Tell Me Ma traditional 3:26
7. Molly Malone traditional 3:07
8. The Ferryman Pete St. John 3:00
9. Whiskey in the Jar traditional 3:14
10. The Margot Evans traditional 2:39
11. The Wild Rover traditional 3:28
12. Mick McGuire traditional 2:22
13. My Brother Sylveste traditional 4:34
14. Reilly's Daughter traditional 2:09
15. I Useta Lover, Saw Doctors
16. Dirty Old Town Ewan MacColl 3:03
17. Black and Tans Dominic Behan 3:35
18. Finnegan's Wake traditional 3:40
19. The Old Dun Cow Harry Wincott 4:58
20. The Parting Glass traditional 1:30
21. The Rambles of Spring traditional 3:02
Total play time: 67:38